Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Update Ahoy

Yup its Updating time, so here's the news:

Last week I had 3 interviews in one day, got hired by 2 of the 3. They're both part time, and casual BUT they're better than nothing and i'm very happy with them while i'm hunting for a full time job. One is retail (with my old company but at a different store), the other is market research over the phone - I know you can roll your eyes, but its not selling anything, simply asking people's opinions on things, or their favourite brand of ice cream, whatever the current campaign might be about.

I've got a very interesting job on the line with an insurance company, its full time and i'm about 1/2 way through the process, fingers crossed I get through the rest of it. I had a phone interview, an online assessment, a typing test and now i'm waiting for a call about whether I was accepted on an assessment workshop. Fingers crossed for me please. It wont be an easy job, but I think I'll do well with it.

I'm slowly getting through the list of places I need to change my name to my married name. I got IRD sorted (also with my student loan etc), I got the bank sorted, got my resume/cv updated, Its a matter of getting $150 to get my passport changed over, and my new 18+ card will cost $20 to be changed.

Today's gorgeous, its overcast and rainy. It feels wonderful compared to all the heat. Took some photos the other day but i'll have to post them another day because i've got to resize them.

Better go, i'm going to curl up on the couch and read for a little bit. I'll write again soon xoxox

No comments: