Sunday, January 11, 2009

Update Continued

So where was I, oh yes - the whole cooking dinner thing. It was really yummy, turns out we didn't have as much rice as I thought we did so I ended up cooking some noodles and dad and patrick both loved it so YAY :) Its been awhile since i cooked something interesting - I missed it, so i've decided to make an effort to cook/bake more often.

Job hunting: still going with that. I haven't had any work from my current employer in about 3months now which is frustrating, its not really their fault, its just how things are at the moment. I've been continuing my efforts to find something with more hours. I'm more than happy to keep going with my current job if my second job's hours fit its just a case of getting that other job. I've been touching base with places i applied at when i first got here but unfotrunately nothing's come up. I'll keep it up though - something will come along I know it will. I just need to hang in there and stay positive.

Oh I mentioned the challenge for this year huh? well there's a wee thing called "101 things in 1001 days" that I decided to do. I'll post my list here in a few days, I still have 1 more thing to add to the list and to triple check I haven't got multiple's again heh. Its actually a lot more fun than doing new years resolutions. I'll talk more about it next time though k?

The weather has been insanely hot for my tastes. There are days when I have to force myself to eat even the smallest thing cos the heat has supressed my appetite. Then there are the days when its so hot you'll break a sweat just walking from the lounge to the kitchen for a drink lol those are probably my least favourite days. But they do say the first couple of summer's are the worst for people who didn't grow up here. Though I know a few people who grew up here who still struggle to make it through summer.

Well i'd better finish this up, i've got some emails to send :) I'll try to remember to update tomorrow!

No comments: