Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Sunny Texas

Tuesday 18th December:
WOW time flies, I cannot believe its almost christmas/Yule! Before you know it 2007 will be making a fast retreat out the back door and 2008 will be breaking the front door in. I hope everyon has had a great year this year, and that next year is even better and brighter.

We've had a fun couple of days since I last wrote...

Firstly, I did try to upload those photos but blogspot decided to spazz, so I couldn't do anything. I intended on doing it later that night but after dinner whatever cold/bug I have hit me and I was pretty tired. So I curled up in bed and read - Pat was even so kind as to run inside and get me a chocolate bar (isn't he sweet?). I'll upload them soon, the connection where we're at tonight is horrible.

We delivered Monday morning, and ended up having to drive to the yard in Texas and wait. Got a small run over about 30 miles to deliver a load, then our reload was coming out of Oklahoma, and going to two stops in Texas which we'll be delivering tomorrow.

Had my first ever experience at "IHOP" (International House of Pancakes) and wouldn't ya know it? I didn't have pancakes hehe. I was very tempted to try the chocolate-chip pancakes, but the cheeseburger on a cheese roll was a little too tempting (I was really hungry). Had a good amount of lettuce on the side too, and they put a good seasoning on the fries - so all in all, very good. I'd rank it up there with Cracker Barrel, Though I definately want to go back to IHOP and try the pancakes.

I'm sitting here re-watching Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix before dinner, in about an hour. Not sure what we'll have but we'll find something good i'm sure, the place we're at has a Subway and a McDonalds (i'm leaning towards subway).

In the past few days I've done quite a bit of reading as we waited for loading/unloading/while driving. I've finished 5 books since we left the house, unfortunately I've only got 4 more left. There's always e-books downloaded onto the game-boy though.. but thats mostly obscure texts and classic fiction that were written ages ago - like Jane Eyre, Emma, Dracula. I even managed to find a website that has the diaries of Lady Mary Anne Barker who wrote "Station Life in New Zealand"! I'm about 1/3 of the way through it. If anyone else is interested in reading it or finding interesting books online, and free to download then check out Here

Well thats all for now, time to head in for dinner :)

No comments: