Sunday, December 23, 2007

Friday and Saturday

Friday 21st December:
I hope you guys enjoyed the photo uploads today. I actually have more photos to upload its just a matter of resizing them so you can see them in one go rather than having to scroll. Thanks to my camera they come out at about 2000 x 3000 pixels! your average screen size is about 800 x 600 so you can imagine how much detail is in each photo. Now that my card is clear for the first time in a few days I can adjust the photo size on the camera, which means I can take a lot more photos on the memory card. I average about 70 photos at the current size, if i decrease it a bit I should get space for about 80-100 photos.

Over the past couple of days we delivered in Texas, picked up in Texas and headed to Arizona! Which is where we're sitting now. We swapped a load out with a driver who lives here in Az (the state abbreviation) so he could go home and spend Christmas with his family. This means we have 5 days to get to Oklahoma (which is about 2 day's drive). So we're staying here tonight, and making our way towards Oklahoma tomorrow. We got to go to a few new states this week - Oklahoma, New Mexico and Arizona so thats really nice.



Saturday 22nd December:
Whoops got sidetracked and didn't get back around to posting the above post yesterday.

Today has been absolutely amazing. Seeing the sun rising over mountains in Arizona is utterly amazing. I tried to get photos but there wasn't enough light and I didn't have a tripod to steady the camera for a long exposure shot. We stopped for a nap about 5am and continued on our way about 7am. The sky was this vibrant shade of green, blending into a dark deep blue with stars sprinkled throughout. The sky got lighter and lighter until the skyline seem to glow a white/yellow light. Words can't do the scene justice, you'll just have to take my word for it - it was the coolest thing I've seen. We didn't get to see the grand canyon though, but i think we were within an hour's drive of it.

I also go to see Elk! I've seen them once before in a zoo in Marshfield, but these were wild elk and were a lot bigger. I cannot imagine the damage they'd do to a car if you accidentally hit one. I tried to get a photo but it came out too blurry (i think i had the wrong setting on). They were happily grazing by the side of the road, seemingly oblivious to the snow and traffic around them.

Tonight we'll be staying in New Mexico, though unfortunately nowhere near roswell hehe. We'll only have about 8 hours to drive to our destination tomorrow so we'll be parked up early. The place we're staying is up on a plateau, and I gotta tell ya its pretty darn cold up here. There's snow on the ground and the wind is pretty harsh.

Unfortunately the internet speed here is really really slow, so i'm going to post this then maybe watch a dvd before dinner.

Take care guys, and in case I don't post again before... Have a good Christmas and a wonderful new years.
Love ya
Corina xoxox

No comments: