Sunday, June 22, 2008

Winter solstice

Indeed, today is winter solstice here in the southern hemisphere - the shortest day of the year!

I've been having a bit of a clean out today, reorganising things and tidying up. Unfortunately I had to stop kind of early because dad has work at 2am and he needs a good night's sleep. At least I can still do things like clean out old email accounts/shut down ones i don't use anymore, and clean out spam from the email accounts I do use.

Had a pretty quiet weekend so far, did the usual things today - shopping, housework, visited my uncle J, watched some tv.

Patrick and I started watching "Dexter" last week - absolutely loved it, its such a messed up tv show. Now we're watching "Supernatural" (can we say YAY for friends with huge dvd collections!).

I'm very seriously thinking about moving my blog somewhere else. For some reason this site always lags my computer, with the wee writing box and all. Its getting frustrating. It gets to the point some days when I can't listen to a cd AND update this blog at the same time, which is why you haven't heard much from me lately - i just get frustrated and shut it off. But don't worry - I'll let you know if i decide to move it elsewhere, and if so where that place might be.

Still no word on the bookstore job, I'll give her a call on monday and see what's happening - hopefully they haven't done interviews yet. Failing that i've got a few more jobs to write cover letters for, and email off :) wish me luck!

No comments: