Sunday, February 10, 2008

Heading Towards Wisconsin

Not a lot happened yesterday. We started our day about 1:30am, and made it to our customer on time. They held us up for 5 hours unloading, not to mention left a heck of a mess in our trailer. For what the company paid his company you'd think he'd at least pick up the smashed pallet that we found in there. So after that fun, we had to stop at a truck stop and clean out the pallet bits and make our way to the pick up. Thankfully they didn't take long to load us.

Spent the night at a pretty good truck stop that had a seafood/steakhouse woohoo! dinner was pretty darn good If I do say so myself. I ended up having a grilled chicken sandwich, which had a lemon pepper marinade and it came with steak fries (the big thick fries).

Today we delivered the first part of the load, turns out theres not meant to be any receiving on saturday at the plant, and the only reason there was someone there today was because the warehouse is really full and they need someone there to feed the machines and make room. He wasn't entirely pleased but there wasn't much we could do about it.

The next part is delivering to Wisconsin on Monday YAY which means they'll give us a small run to Illinois or around Wisconsin to keep us busy until our home time on Wednesday! I'm really looking forward to it thats for sure. Not just because we're filing taxes but because we definately deserve a relaxing break from the road after the past couple of weeks.

Tonight we're going to stop a bit early so we can have showers, relax and have an early night. I'm really looking forward to it.

Anyways I'll write again tomorrow or the next day :)
take care guys xoxox

2 comments:

Rachie-Babe said...

Corina--

I'm so excited that you dropped by my blog!!! I'm going to add yours to my blog roll. ;-) Stay warm--it's cold out there today!!!

Corina said...

YAY thanks for adding me to your blogroll, I added you to mine as well :)

Yeah it was really nasty outside yesterday, It was horrible just trying to get from the truck to the doors of the truckstop which wasn't all that far away.

Hopefully it starts warming up a little around these parts ... and soon!