Friday, February 1, 2008

back on the road..kinda

Thursday 31st January:
We're back on the road! lol and we just ran over a tumbleweed! randomness for ya at 8:30am. Considering we've been up since 3:30am i'm entitled to random amusements. Who would've guessed..tumbleweeds in Idaho. It just kinda rolled onto the interstate and stopped about where the truck was heading towards hehe oh well.

Yesterday we got to drive for a wee bit, the winds died down to about 25mph (not particularly great but not bad compared to 70mph the day before). So we made it about 100miles before we decided not to continue. There was only 1 more truck stop between us and the closed roads and it wasn't worth risking not getting a parking spot or food. Not to mention when we were parking, you could see another wave of storm coming over the mountains, which was a pretty cool scene to watch. No photos though, I wasn't silly enough to stand out there in negative 30 degrees f to get photos! However I did get some photos from the first day the blizzard hit, but I haven't uploaded them yet..as soon as I do i'll post a couple for you guys. I don't know how well they'll turn out. Its hard to capture what its like in 6ft high snow drifts.

A few hours down the road... well we had to stop because of strong winds trying to blow us off the road. Not sure how long it'll take to pass or whether we'll get much further up the road. I'll update when I can. I just wanted to update this as quick as I could so you guys wouldn't worry about us.
take care xoxox

No comments: