Thursday, December 2, 2010

Because life is passing us by

I cannot believe I hadn't updated this thing in ages, and if there's anyone still reading - I do apologise!

Life has been .. insane. If you're not a follower of my other blog, and you have been hiding under a rock for oh the last 6 months,  you may not have heard what's been happening in my wee corner of the world.

On September 4th 2010 a 7.1 magnitude quake hit us. In the days and months since we've had over 3000 aftershocks (some of which were big enough to be classed as their own earthquake but I digress). Its been a rocky few months (excuse the pun). Things are getting back to normal in the central city, where a number of roads were closed due to fallen buildings/parts of buildings needing to be reinforced to stay standing.

Life has been busy besides the quake related stuff, I haven't been able to "settle" into doing things in my spare time - I've spent more time watching tv than i'd care to admit, i've played a little wow, partially read a few books but haven't really finished anything. I have completed a few more things on me 101 in 1001 days lists so YAY.

I cooked a turkey for thanksgiving which was awesome. We don't normally celebrate it here in new zealand but it was my favourite holiday in the states, so i figured why not! I'm glad i did to be honest, it boosted my confidence in my cooking ability.

I've got friends over from aussie at the moment, we've been having a blast catching up and showing them the sites around town.

No comments: